jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Conoly, Brett" <Brett.Con...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: webdav caching
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:29:31 GMT
Well the servlet itself doesn't cache, but it or something else is
definitely sending headers telling the client to cache.

I guess I should rephrase my question...
Does anyone know if there is a place to configure the servlet to send a
"no-cache header" and leave the caching up to the client?

Thanks for the response

-----Original Message-----
From: Angela Schreiber [mailto:anchela@day.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:25 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: webdav caching

Conoly, Brett wrote:
> It seems webdav is sending headers to tell the browsers to cache.

that's not true as far as i know but the other way round:
there are some webdav methods (basically deltaV methods) that
are required to send a no-cache header.

the others don't require that header and (as far as i know)
therefore leave the caching behaviour to the client.

> Does anyone know if there is a place to configure the servlet not to
> cache?

the servlet doesn't cache anyway, does it?
angela