jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Julio Castillo" <jcasti...@edgenuity.com>
Subject RE: Sample architecture / code
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 21:39:31 GMT
Gregor,
Yes, I would be interested in your findings.

Let me know

Thanks

** julio

-----Original Message-----
From: greg power [mailto:greg.power634@googlemail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 8:23 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Sample architecture / code

Hi Julio,

I am doing (or rather starting) something very similar. However I am writing
my web client in GWT therefore I will be using GWT's excellent RPC mechanism
to communicate with AJAX client (this "feels" like RMI) rather than WebDAV.
So what I've decided to do is put the Jackrabbit code behind session EJB's
on JBoss. Jackrabbit is installed on JBoss as RAR per the documentation on
the Wiki and accessed via JNDI. The EJB's are then accessed from the GWT RPC
servlets. I hope to have a PoC for this running in the next few days, so if
you're interested let me know.

regards
gregor