jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UUID Generation
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:02:14 GMT
Hi,

> I've written and configured an S3-based FileSystem

Do you mean FileSystem, or PersistenceManager?

> I implemented asynchronous uploads to alleviate the pain to
>  the user

I'm not sure what you mean with asynchronous upload... Is the data
uploaded as a background process, and the method returns before data
is stored?

> local-guid-to-remote-guid mapping mechanism

I don't understand, can you explain why you need this mapping? Why
can't you just use the UUID generated by Jackrabbit? As far as I
understand S3, you can name your objects as you want, and don't need
to use the named that S3 gave you? But I may be wrong...

Regards,
Thomas