jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: refresh after copy
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:25:19 GMT
Hi Stefan,

Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 9:30 PM, Florent Guillaume <fg@nuxeo.com> wrote:
>>  I must be missing something about how refresh() works.
>>  The following is tested in Jackrabbit 1.3.3 and 1.4.2, and the last two
>> assertions always fail.
>
> i quickly ran your test case on trunk. the 3rd and 4th assert fails
> because jackrabbit
> updates session state instantly. the 5th and 6th assert succedd as expected.
>
> in jackrabbit Session.refresh(true) is a no-op, Session.refresh(false)
> just discards transient session state.

That was my understanding too. Glad I wasn't wrong.

> i have no idea why in your case 3rd/4th assert succeed and the last 2 fail...

Thanks for looking at it. Actually the unit tests failed when run a
second time because of the leftover repository. When cleaning up before
the test it run as I expected (instant visibility). Doh.

So now that the behavior is clear to me I'll have to find what's wrong
in my other application code... :)

Florent

Open Source Enterprise Content Management (ECM)