jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: WebDav Write Access
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:17:27 GMT
Marco Oechslin wrote:
> Default Jackrabbit seems to set up Webdav read only.

if this is true, it's a bug. as far as i know the
default configuration for the 'simple server'
(this is the one that offers standard webdav functionality)
prompts for username/pw and subsequently creates
sessions that have full access.

therefore:
please note the difference between the 2 webdav
servlets shipped by default
(http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-jcr-server.html).

> I did not yet
> succeed to change the configuration to be able to create files with a
> Webdav client. I manged to connect to a Jackrabit default workspace in a
> repository, using  "AnyClient", "DAV Explorer" and "Windows XP Web
> Folders". I did not yet manage to create folders or upload files with
> any of those clients. I connected with admin/admin, although I didn't
> set that user up.

the underlying jackrabbit-core 1.4.x has a very
simple ac implementation that does not require users
to be created. -> see the various threads dealing with
AccessManager and custom implementations (this is not
a webdav issue).

> I'm surprised that any username and password works to
> login the WebDav,

see above

> but with read access only.

see above.

> I would very much appreciate if anyone could help me how to set up the
> simplest scenario where I get write access with any WebDav client using
> the Jackrabbit WebApp and Tomcat.

1) check if you are really looking at the 'simple server'
    as described above
    > http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-web-application.html
    > http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-jcr-server.html

2) make sure the servlet configuration is correct:
    > WEB-INF/web.xml
    > servlet-name = Webdav
    > servlet-class = o.a.j.j2ee.SimpleWebdavServlet
    > missing-auth-mapping -> commented.

3) with the default installation there used to be
    a welcome page describing the various servlets
    present and offering a link to the resource
    repesenting the root node of the repository.
    -> editing is obviouly on possible below that resource.

hope that helps.
if you don't manage to get that welcome page, please
report a bug. the welcome page and the overall user guiding
recently got modified (see #JCR-1220)... so my description
above might not be totally accurate. in any case you should
be able to obtain a link pointing to that root-resource.

angela