jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Use Jackrabbit as WebDAV-Server
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 06:46:43 GMT
hi conny

> im trying to use the jackrabbit webdav library to build a webdav service in my webapp.
I will serve some files from our database via webdav protocol to a client (MS W1ndows webdav
implementation).

> Can anyone explain how is the best way to do this? Any examples or tutorials?

first i would create a servlet that extends from
org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.server.AbstractWebdavServlet.

it defines some methods indicating which interfaces you
to implement for your own webdav server:

- DavResourceFactory
- DavLocatorFactory
- DavSessionProvider

and consequently:
- DavResource
- DavResourceLocator

the biggest part will be the DavResource implementation.
if you are looking for examples you may find some hints
in the jackrabbit-jcr-server project.
look for the org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.simple package.

kind regards
angela