jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Brosius" <dbros...@mebigfatguy.com>
Subject RE: Changing a Node after creating a version
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 16:15:40 GMT
When you first create a node that is versionable and set properties on it, you call save on
the node. Then the base version of the node has that property value. From there, everytime
you checkout, set properties, checkin, you get a new version with potentially different properties
in subsequent versions.

-----Original Message-----
From: Katia Santos <katiasantos@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 3, 2008 7:12am
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Changing a Node after creating a version

I have a node with some properties, and i want to make a version of the node
with that same properties, and after making the version I want to change the
value of the the properties of  initial node.

Do i have to checkout the node, checkin the node (creating a version) and
then checkout the node again so I can change the properties?? Is this the
correct way of doing it?

something like this:

Node node;  // (has a property NAME with the value "Katia")

I want the version to be with the name Katia and the node to be with the
name Mary.
Maybe I didnt get the version steps right...

View raw message