jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Gandhirajan Natarajan" <Gandhirajan.Natara...@igate.com>
Subject RE: Performance Tuning
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:07:08 GMT
Actually, I meant that when we used SimpleDBPersistence manager along
with SQLJDBC driver the performance was not that impressive but once we
used the customDBPersistenceManager along with jtds driver and
connection pooling, the performance was impressive.

Any other performance tips?

Thanks & Regards,
Gandhi Rajan.N
________________________________

| iSIGHT Development Team | iGATE Global Solutions| T: +91-80-4104 1312|
M: +91 9886834626 | gandhirajan.natarajan@igate.com |
| 158-162 & 165-170 EPIP Phase II Whitefield Bangalore - 560 066 India |
www.igate.com |

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:12 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Performance Tuning

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Gandhirajan Natarajan
<Gandhirajan.Natarajan@igate.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Previously we were using simpledbpersistencemanager which establishes
>  new connection for every user who tries to access the repository.Now
in

that's not correct. there's one jdbc connection per workspace.

>  our customDBpersistencemanager we have implemented connection pooling
>  using jtds driver that uses the connection from the connection
pool.It
>  helped us in improving the performance drastically.

having some understanding of jackrabbit's core/internals i dare to
question this claim ;)

anyway, i guess your custom pm is aware of jackrabbit's transactional
requirements
(i.e. all write operations in the jackrabbit commit context *must* use
the same connection)?

cheers
stefan

>  Thanks a lot for your response.But do we have
BundleDbPersistenceManager
>  in jackrabbit 1.0?
>

>  Thanks & Regards,
>  Gandhi Rajan.N
>  ________________________________
>
>  | iSIGHT Development Team | iGATE Global Solutions| T: +91-80-4104
1312|
>  M: +91 9886834626 | gandhirajan.natarajan@igate.com |
>  | 158-162 & 165-170 EPIP Phase II Whitefield Bangalore - 560 066
India |
>  www.igate.com |

No.6
>  by Business Today-Mercer Human Resource Consulting-TNS  in a cross
industry survey of Best Companies to work for in India

>  Information transmitted by this EMAIL is proprietary to iGATE Group
of Companies and is intended for use only by the individual
>  or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under
immediately notify the sender at iGATE or mailadmin@igate.com