jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Gandhirajan Natarajan" <Gandhirajan.Natara...@igate.com>
Subject RE: Performance Tuning
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:07:36 GMT
Hi,

Previously we were using simpledbpersistencemanager which establishes a
new connection for every user who tries to access the repository.Now in
our customDBpersistencemanager we have implemented connection pooling
using jtds driver that uses the connection from the connection pool.It
helped us in improving the performance drastically.

Thanks a lot for your response.But do we have BundleDbPersistenceManager
in jackrabbit 1.0?

Thanks & Regards,
Gandhi Rajan.N
________________________________

| iSIGHT Development Team | iGATE Global Solutions| T: +91-80-4104 1312|
M: +91 9886834626 | gandhirajan.natarajan@igate.com |
| 158-162 & 165-170 EPIP Phase II Whitefield Bangalore - 560 066 India |
www.igate.com |

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Mueller [mailto:thomas.tom.mueller@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:43 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Performance Tuning

Hi,

> And we have come up with our Custom persistence manager that
> implements connection pooling.

One way to improve performance is to use a bundle persistence manager.
Does your persistence manager extend BundleDbPersistenceManager?
If not, you should probably do that.

Why do you need connection pooling by the way?

Regards,
Thomas

iGATE is Ranked No. 3 in DQ-IDC best IT employer survey and Ranked No.6
by Business Today-Mercer Human Resource Consulting-TNS  in a cross industry survey of Best
Companies to work for in India
Information transmitted by this EMAIL is proprietary to iGATE Group of Companies and is intended
for use only by the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this EMAIL immediately notify the
sender at iGATE or mailadmin@igate.com
and delete this EMAIL including any attachments