jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Vidar Ramdal" <vi...@idium.no>
Subject Re: Importing and exporting
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:02:23 GMT
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Vidar Ramdal <vidar@idium.no> wrote:
> Hi all;
>
>  I'm trying to migrate data from one repository to another.
>  So I export a top-level folder (called "/admin") to an XML file, using
>  Session.exportSystemView. This results in an XML file which looks OK,
>  and where all nt:files and nt:folders are represented as binary data.
>  I suppose this is normal.
>
>  Then I import into the other repository, using Session.importXML. I
>  get no error messages, and the hierarchy is reflected in the receiving
>  repository.
>
>  However, files and folders do not seem to be restored properly. I have
>  an HTML file in the /admin folder, and when inspecting it after
>  import, it is rendered as a stream of bytes - not as the actual text,
>  as I would have expected.

The bytes that are dumped are of course the Base64 representation of
the file contents. So it seems that contents of nt:file are not
decoded when importXMLing. This makes sense (kindof).
So, if this is not a bug, one question remains: How do I export and
import a subtree including binary files?

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vidar@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway