jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Vidar Ramdal" <vi...@idium.no>
Subject Importing and exporting
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:37:45 GMT
Hi all;

I'm trying to migrate data from one repository to another.
So I export a top-level folder (called "/admin") to an XML file, using
Session.exportSystemView. This results in an XML file which looks OK,
and where all nt:files and nt:folders are represented as binary data.
I suppose this is normal.

Then I import into the other repository, using Session.importXML. I
get no error messages, and the hierarchy is reflected in the receiving
repository.

However, files and folders do not seem to be restored properly. I have
an HTML file in the /admin folder, and when inspecting it after
import, it is rendered as a stream of bytes - not as the actual text,
as I would have expected.

Is there a bug in either exportSystemView or importXML when it comes
to files? Or am I doing something wrong in the migration?

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vidar@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway