jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From David Parker <da...@smallsolid.com>
Subject more on db repository
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 00:11:39 GMT
I am trying to get the OraclePersistenceManager working, but when I
access the default repository servlet, I get the following:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The repository is not available.

org
.apache
.jackrabbit
.j2ee
.RepositoryAccessServlet.getRepository(RepositoryAccessServlet.java:310)

org
.apache
.jackrabbit
.j2ee
.RepositoryAccessServlet.getRepository(RepositoryAccessServlet.java:322)

org
.apache
.jackrabbit
.j2ee.SimpleWebdavServlet.getRepository(SimpleWebdavServlet.java:42)

org
.apache
.jackrabbit
.webdav
.simple
.SimpleWebdavServlet.getDavSessionProvider(SimpleWebdavServlet.java:317)

org
.apache
.jackrabbit
.webdav
.server.AbstractWebdavServlet.service(AbstractWebdavServlet.java:204)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

This is my PersistenceManager definition in repository.xml:

  <PersistenceManager
class
=
"org
.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.OraclePersistenceManager">
      <param name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xxx"/>
      <param name="user" value="dap"/>
      <param name="password" value="dap"/>
      <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
   </PersistenceManager>

I have the Oracle jar files in the tomcat lib folder.

I gather that this code:

     public Repository getRepository() {
         try {
             if (repository == null) {
                 // try to get via context attribute
                 repository = getRepositoryByContextAttribute();
             }
             if (repository == null) {
                 // try to retrieve via jndi
                 repository = getRepositoryByJNDI();
             }
             if (repository == null) {
                 // try to get via rmi
                 repository = getRepositoryByRMI();
             }
             if (repository == null) {
                 throw new ServletException("N/A");
             }
             return repository;
         } catch (ServletException e) {
             log.error("The repository is not available. Check config
of 'RepositoryAccessServlet'.");
             throw new IllegalStateException("The repository is not
available.");
         }
     }

is not finding a repository, so I'm sure I just have missed some
configuration. Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks.

- DAP

David Parker
david@smallsolid.com