jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Maksims Zizkuns <maksims_zizk...@exigengroup.lv>
Subject JCR WEBDAV MSIE and MSOffice
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:48:59 GMT

Hello,

I'm trying to do the following: get an MS Word (msword 2007) document,
located in JCR repository, opened with write access using MS Internet
Explorer

The scenario is:

1. show HTML page in MSIE which contains a link (<a href=...) to a document
in a JCR repository.

2. when user clicks on this link then "GET" request is sent by MSIE to a
webdav servlet (which is actually Jackrabbit's webdav servlet)

3. webdav servlet queryies JCR repository instance, gets document binary
data from it and sends it back to caller (which is MSIE)

4. MSIE shows dialog with question do I want to open that file, I'm saying:
yes and file is opened in MSWord .... as READ-ONLY

I can open this document with write access in MSWord as following:

1. by creating Windows webfolder from my webdav location and opening
document from there

2. by opening document from msword via "Open"  by providing msword with
full http path to a document (i.e. path to webapplication with webdav
servlet and resource path inside repository ...)

3. starting winword from command line with same http path to document ...

but I cannot get document opened in MSWord with write access by just
clicking on a reference on an html page in a web browser (MSIE or firefox)

in that case documents are always opened as read-only ...

If such situation looks familiar to anyone would you please advice how it
can be fixed or provide some reference

Thanks

Maks

Maksim