jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From greg power <greg.power...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Sample architecture / code
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:51:01 GMT

Hi Julio,

I am doing (or rather starting) something very similar. However I am writing
my web client in GWT therefore I will be using GWT's excellent RPC mechanism
to communicate with AJAX client (this "feels" like RMI) rather than WebDAV.
So what I've decided to do is put the Jackrabbit code behind session EJB's
on JBoss. Jackrabbit is installed on JBoss as RAR per the documentation on
the Wiki and accessed via JNDI. The EJB's are then accessed from the GWT RPC
servlets. I hope to have a PoC for this running in the next few days, so if
you're interested let me know.

regards
gregor