jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sushil Vegad <vsus...@serebrum.com>
Subject Re: webdav-control nodes(folders) to display
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 13:49:12 GMT

Yes, all users can access the root node. A users permission defines which
node/folders below the root can be accessed.

We do have access control defined in the JCR repository. When a user logs in
through our web application, based on users permissions, we expose only some
folders below the root node, for example - we may only show Folder-1 (and
subtree), Folder-2 (and subtree) under the root. Likewise if a user has
permission for all folders under the root, as in admin role, we show all
folders under the root.

But we cant get this done through webdav. We are using
org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.SimpleWebdavServlet  and 'Windows
Explorer-Tools-Map Network Drive' to get a webdav view. When the
SimpleWebdavServlet is invoked, it exposes all folders under root to every
user. For a webdav call, I would like to intercept the user request, check
permissions and expose only the permissioned folders.

How can I get this done through SimpleWebdavServlet? What cusomization is
required?

Thanks a lot for your support.
Sushil

Angela Schreiber wrote:

> hi
>
> i'm not totally sure, if i understand what you are
> trying to do. correct me, if my answer points into
> a wrong direction.
>
>> My repository structure looks like this - A single workspace, with a few
>> top
>> level custom folders like Folder-1, Folder-2 and its children
>>
>> Workspace
>>> Folder-1 (Child-1.1, Child-1.2, Child-1.3 etc)
>>> Folder-2 (Child-2.1, Child-2.2, Child-2.3 etc)