jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Brosius" <dbros...@mebigfatguy.com>
Subject Modifying the NTD of a workspace
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 02:48:33 GMT
We are developing a set of node type definitions for our application, and as
is to be expected it is changing over time as we develop it. So far, we have
just deleted the repository, and started over whenever we make a change to
the NTD, which is perfectly fine in development. My question is, when
customers have a repository in place with a defined NTD, and a new version
of our software is to be shipped, how do we manage the upgrading of data
from one NTD to another?

Are there any general guidelines for this? Do you have to drop the NTD
completely, make the changes, then reinstall the new NTD?