jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Klebus" <g...@klebus.com>
Subject Re: Node unfound, Node unsaved
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:36:08 GMT
Hi Charles

Just a short comment on your content model:

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 9:17 PM, Charles Johnson <cj@proteanit.net> wrote:
>  There seem to be problems with the most fundamental functionality. I'm
>  trying to create a single Node, /reviews, which I'll later use as the
>  root for /reviews/review[0..n]

Is there a reason for using same-name-siblings here? I think something
like that would be much easier to handle, and much more
self-explanatory:

/reviews/review-iphone
/reviews/review-ipodnano

or sth similar (depending on what's review subject).

Have you seen David's Model, esp Rule #4: Beware of Same Name Siblings
[1]? You might disagree, but should at least consider the consequences
of using SNSs.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel#head-1df0224190c265f5156f037eb3f20e314fa6c4a7

Cheers
Greg

PS. Sorry if that's a well thought-through decision already :)

--
-- Greg Klebus | http://day.com | http://dev.day.com
-- Best open-source JCR repository: http://jacrkabbit.apache.org