jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Rohnny Moland" <rmol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using oracle persistence manager with jndi
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:56:15 GMT
Sorry for late reply. We ended up using a customized
JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager instead for oracle support in
jackrabbit 1.4. The only problem is that it has come a new property in
oracle.ddl for tablespace support. The oracle persistence manager has
support for this, but not the  JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager. So, the
same support for tablespaces in oracle persistence manager needs to be
added to JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager
(DatabasePersistenceManager.java) as well.

>From org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager.checkSchema:
..
                    // set the tablespace if it is defined
                        String tspace;
                        if (tableSpace == null || "".equals(tableSpace)) {
                            tspace = "";
                        } else {
                            tspace = "tablespace " + tableSpace;
                        }
                        sql = Text.replace(sql, TABLE_SPACE_VARIABLE,
tspace).trim();
..

I wonder if this could be added to the next jackrabbit 1.4.2 release?
JCR-1309 is no hurry really as long as it is possible to use
jackrabbit + jndi + oracle with JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager. The
changes that needs to be made to DatabasePersistenceManager.java is
rather small.

Kind regards,
Rohnny