jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: Path Constrained queries
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 07:28:26 GMT
Hello Dave,

> How does one determing the absolute path of a node that you
> have retreived
> by uuid? Do we really need to do a recursive getParent search
> to the root?

No, just use node.getPath()

> Or, do i really need to store the absolute path of each node
> in a node
> property? This seems really painful. I see the property
> jcr:path, but this
> is apparently only a pseudo property available only from
> within the query
> itself.

Obviously, you don't need this, and it would be very much against the
architecture of Jackrabbit: A node does not know its path/location by
itself: all it knows, are its children and its parent. The hierarchical
structure is derived from this.

> So the question is how do people do a descendent path
> constraining query
> when you want to start the search at any arbitrary node that
> is retrieved by
> UUID?

Think this one is clear with the getPath, right?

Regards Ard