jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Pettibone, Mike" <mike.pettib...@fiserv.com>
Subject Repository server deployment model
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 14:58:01 GMT
We're considering deploying Jackrabbit 1.4 using the repository server
deployment model,
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/repository-server-howto.html. Our intent is
to have potentially several remote connections from our applications
that will use the Level 1 JSR-170 features, i.e. read-only, to retrieve
application configuration metadata. We also plan to register event
listener(s) to capture changes to the JCR. A CMS will be used to
maintain the content in the JCR. I saw this comment on the Jackrabbit
website, "Warning: The current JCR-RMI library is designed for
simplicity, not performance. You will probably experience major
performance issues if you try running any non-trivial applications on
top of JCR-RMI.".

	I was wondering if the deployment model that I described would
be considered non-trivial?
	Has anyone else used Jackrabbit with a similar deployment model
and if so how did it perform?
	Is the deployment model that I described a good fit for
Jackrabbit?
	Are there more performant alternatives to using RMI for the
remote access layer?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Pettibone