jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Petite Abeille <petite.abei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WebDav node replace
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:20:23 GMT

On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:09 PM, Matej Knopp wrote:

> I've got a problem with Jackrabbit and Webdav under OSX. When a file
> is edited and saved (i.e. using textedit) what happens is that there
> is a new (temporary) file created and afterwards it's moved to replace
> the old one

This is really a Finder, err, "functional anomaly".

If you try it from the command line, or any other WebDAV client but
the Finder, you will get a regular lock/put/unlock sequence or
something.

For reason(s) not clearly understood by mankind, the Finder will get
out of its way to screw it up by issuing random MKCOL, MOVE,
whatnot... go figure... sigh...

E.g., from the Finder:

"MKCOL /recent/5th-century/(A%20Document%20Being%20Saved%20By
%20SubEthaEdit) HTTP/1.1" - "WebDAVFS/1.5 (01508000) Darwin/9.2.0
(i386)"

Versus the command line:

"LOCK /recent/nanoki/Nanoki.txt HTTP/1.1" - "WebDAVFS/1.5 (01508000)
Darwin/9.2.0 (i386)"

> This unfortunately this replaces the entire nt:file node.
> What I'd like to achieve is that only the jcr:content node would be
> replaced. Is there a reasonable way to do this? If so, what's the best
> place to intercept the move?

Don't use the Finder :)

--
PA.