jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nt:folder allowSameNameSiblings and node names
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:25:40 GMT
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Dave Brosius <dbrosius@mebigfatguy.com> wrote:
> I read JCR-854, and see that nt:folder does not allow same name sibling (children), which
i guess makes sense from a directory point of view. Originally this was fine as i used the
name of the 'real' document as the name of the node, and avoided name collisions.

>  Then i continued to run into a myriad of problems because there are restrictions on
node names, that make it tedious (at least to me) to do. So i decide switching to a constant
node name 'File', and storing the 'real' name as a property. But i soon found out nt:folder
doesn't allow same name siblings.

>  So the question is, how does one generally do this? Is there some provided JCREncoder/Decoder
class that will mangle any name into a node name exceptable name? Or can you override nt:folder
to allow same name siblings?

while you could extend nt:folder in order to support SNS child nodes
i'd suggest to encode/decode fs names instead. you can use the ISO9075
utility class
(see [1]) for that purpose.

cheers
stefan