jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NodeState references inexistent parent id
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 15:36:43 GMT
hi dean

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Dean Jones <dean.m.jones@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
>  I'm occasionally getting the following error from Jackrabbit when
>  starting our app:
>
>  13:30:36,555 ERROR BundleDbPersistenceManager:750 - NodeState
>  deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe references inexistent parent id
>  deadbeef-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
>
>  which appears to mean that the "jcr:versionStorage" node cannot find
>  the "/jcr:system" node. I can find only one other report of this issue
>  on the mailing list (which didn't seem to be resolved) so it doesn't
>  seem to be a widespread problem. This leads me to suspect it's
>  something to do with the way we have Jackrabbit configured. We're
>  using the BundleDbPersistanceManager on top of the DbFileSystem. We
>  have configured different schema object prefixes for the workspace and
>  versioning PersistanceManagers, but the same schema object prefix for
>  the DbFileSystems - see attached extract of repository.xml file. Is
>  this the right way to set things up, or does the version store require
>  its own file system?

every db-based FileSystem and PersistenceManager component should
use distinct schemaObjectPrefix values.

i noticed that you used the a hard-coded schemaObjectPrefix value
for the workspace persistence managers. if you're having multiple
workspaces that's probably causing the problems you're seeing.
further be aware that the <Workspace/> config element in the
repository.xml serves as a template only for creating new workspaces.
changing it will not affect already existing workspaces.

i suggest to use the following for Workspace FileSystem and PersistcenManager:

       <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>

cheers
stefan