jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I export / import version history?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:07:04 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Paco Avila <pavila@git.es> wrote:
> I've posted this message a week ago and nobody tell anything about it.
>
>  What can I do if i need to change my node type configuration and want to
>  preserve the node version history?

The easiest way to achieve that at the moment is probably to update
the namespace of the node types in question so you can keep both the
old and the new types in the same repository and migrate the content
incrementally without an export/import operation.

There's been a number of attempts to solve the export/import issue for
the version store, but so far none of the solutions have really been
merged to Jackrabbit. The best practice for backing up and restoring
the entire repository is currently to use lower database and file
system level backup tools, but of course such solutions don't really
help with migration tasks where you want to modify the content instead
of just restoring it.

This is one of the areas where contributions would be very much welcome.

BR,

Jukka Zitting