jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search in binary Content
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:06:48 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Prakash Reddy K. L. V.
<Prakash.R@sun.com> wrote:
>  I am sorry for giving out the wrong info but I somehow have this vague
>  memory of reading somewhere that jackrabbit does not support this.

No problem. The current binary indexing feature only supports a rather
specific category of binary properties, so I wouldn't be surprised if
there are claims that Jackrabbit doesn't support binary indexing in
general.

We have a feature request
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-729) for adding support for
indexing all binary properties, but that depends on having code that
is able to automatically detect and parse the various types of
binaries. Currently we are hoping to use Apache Tika
(http://incubator.apache.org/tika/) for this purpose once the project
graduates from the Apache Incubator.

BR,

Jukka Zitting