jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: nt:folder allowSameNameSiblings and node names
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:22:40 GMT
Dave Brosius wrote:
> I read JCR-854, and see that nt:folder does not allow same name sibling (children), which
i guess makes sense from a directory point of view. Originally this was fine as i used the
name of the 'real' document as the name of the node, and avoided name collisions.

> Then i continued to run into a myriad of problems because there are restrictions on node
names, that make it tedious (at least to me) to do. So i decide switching to a constant node
name 'File', and storing the 'real' name as a property. But i soon found out nt:folder doesn't
allow same name siblings.

> So the question is, how does one generally do this? Is there some provided JCREncoder/Decoder
class that will mangle any name into a node name exceptable name? Or can you override nt:folder
to allow same name siblings?

I'd recommend encoding those characters using the mapping defined in
Section 4.2.3 of JSR-283 (basically replacing ASCII characters by
characters in the Unicode private use area).

BR, Julian