jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Padraic I. Hannon" <...@wasabicowboy.com>
Subject Boosting search fields with Jackrabbit
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 17:03:00 GMT
I've been looking at some of the new search features within jackrabbit
and am trying to figure out if one can provide boosting suggestions to
fields on a per query basis. It looks like there may be some support for
this in the source code, however, based on the docs the boosts look like
they are index time boosts. I know that lucene and solr both support
query time boosts using the ^ operator. I do not see any mention in the
spec nor in any of the tests so I suspect it is not supported. However,
I wanted to double check with the group. Has anyone tried to manipulate
search results by boosting the importance of fields? This is more of a
search function, but it seems like it would be helpful in a query
situation as well.

thanks
Paddy Hannon