jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: JCR 1.0 SQL queries with JackRabbit
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:04:26 GMT
√ėyvind Stegard wrote:
> Yes, I've been causally browsing this document for a while. Looking at
> the roadmap for the JackRabbit project, I see that JCR2.0-support is in
> the medium term time category, any rough ideas of how long that actually
> is :) ? I can't seem to find any indications elsewhere.

we are currently working on the new features defined in JSR 283, though most of
them are currently hidden because the new methods are not yet available in the
JCR interfaces.

I'd say it is going to be Q2 or Q3 this year. We are pretty much tied to the JSR
283 schedule, since Jackrabbit will be the basis for the reference
implementation. looking at http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=283 it says:

2007.12.11: Updated Schedule:
[...]
Mar-2008 Proposed Final draft submitted
May-2008 Final release

the dates already slipped a couple of times and that may well happen one more time.

regards
  marcel