jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OCM - Help with lazy loading using proxy=true
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:57:19 GMT
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:25 PM, sgomez <sage.es@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi everyone.
>
>  I'm trying to lazy load a collection mapped with the attribute proxy=true
>  but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe I haven't understood the concept of lazy
>  is called to retrieve the collection, but I can't find any sense in that.
>  I'd quote where I read it from but I can't find it right now and I'm in a
>  bit of a hurry. I'll follow up with the quote when I find it if someone
>  finds it appropriate.
>
>  The doubts that have rose since I tried using the lazy load are: What will
>  you get when calling ocm.getObject(path) on a path pointing to an object
>  with lazy loading collections? Will you get the object with it lists being
>  null?
no, a proxy is created and assign to the list. If you debug, you see it.

>How do you test if the collections have been really lazy loaded if by
>  calling the getter you make the collections be fetched from the repository?

we are using cglib. So, it is not difficult to implement. When a
method call is made on the collection attribute, the collection is
retrieved. See the java classes in
org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.manager.objectconverter.impl

Hope this help. Let me know if you need more info.

Christophe