jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Gandhirajan Natarajan" <Gandhirajan.Natara...@igate.com>
Subject RE: Repository Home Lock Problem
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 09:15:45 GMT
Ok. We will try that.

But our basic need is webdav so that we can access the repository
through the web browser.

Can I expose the repository both through RMI and Webdav at the same
time?

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Gandhi Rajan.N
________________________________

| iSIGHT Development Team | iGATE Global Solutions| T: +91-80-4104 1312|
M: +91 9886834626 | gandhirajan.natarajan@igate.com |
| 158-162 & 165-170 EPIP Phase II Whitefield Bangalore - 560 066 India |
www.igate.com |

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 2:38 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Repository Home Lock Problem

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Gandhirajan Natarajan
<Gandhirajan.Natarajan@igate.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  As you said, we have exposed the repository via JNDI.But we still
face
>  the lock problem, when we try to add a document to the repository
from
>  our stand alone utility.

since your stand alone utility runs in a separate jvm process you need
a remoting protocol (such as RMI) to access the jackrabbit server.

see
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/repository-server-howto.html
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/deployment-models.html (Model 3 Deployment)

cheers
stefan

>  Please advice.
>

>  Thanks & Regards,
>  Gandhi Rajan.N
>  ________________________________
>
>  | iSIGHT Development Team | iGATE Global Solutions| T: +91-80-4104
1312|
>  M: +91 9886834626 | gandhirajan.natarajan@igate.com |
>  | 158-162 & 165-170 EPIP Phase II Whitefield Bangalore - 560 066
India |
>  www.igate.com |

No.6
>  by Business Today-Mercer Human Resource Consulting-TNS  in a cross
industry survey of Best Companies to work for in India

>  Information transmitted by this EMAIL is proprietary to iGATE Group
of Companies and is intended for use only by the individual
>  or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under
immediately notify the sender at iGATE or mailadmin@igate.com