jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Viraf Bankwalla <viraf.bankwa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Jackrabbit scalability
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:25:04 GMT
Hi, I am new to this forum.  I have a simple application for a content repository.  I have
digitized assets arriving from a number of sources that need to be stored (with some meta-data).
 Initially this will be high speed scanners storing images.  I also need to be able to retrieve
these images for viewing.

The usage patterns support both single document release / retrieve as well as batch modes
where we may receive 300K images that need to be loaded or extracted as a batch.

I  am looking for a solution that allows  me to :
Store digitized assets and meta-data in a content repository
Retrieve digitized assets and meta-data from a content repositoryBatch store digitized assets
and meta-data in a content repository
Batch retrieve digitized assets and meta-data from a content repositoryProvide high availability
on the content repository (multiple machines need to serve and store content)Backup content
repositoryRestore of content repositorySpecify retention policies
Archive / Purge content from content repositorySupport high volumes (> 100 M nodes)
I would like to hear your experiences with jackrabbit specifically if you are using it for
the above use cases.

Thanks

- viraf

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs