jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sushil Vegad <vsus...@serebrum.com>
Subject Re: Create search index for a node and its subtree
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:01:50 GMT

Alessandro,
Thanks for your reply. If I can restrict search results using path
expression, I dont need separate indexes. In our application, these top
level folders are accessed by users via permissions, so we were thinkng
separate indexes.

> /jcr-root/Folder-1//element(*,nt:base)[jcr:contains(.,'test')] which will
> return only matches in Folder-1

I tried the query you suggested, it didnt work. It would not return any
result - is it because of the structure we are using? In my example below
all folders (and child folders) are of the type 'nt:MyFolder' that extends
nt:folder. All files under such folders are of type 'nt:MyFile' that extends
nt:file. I tried the query

/jcr-root/Folder-1//element(*,nt:file)[jcr:contains(jcr:content, '" +
searchStr + "')]/rep:excerpt(.)
It returns no results.

This one does:
//element(*,nt:file)[jcr:contains(jcr:content, '" + searchStr +
"')]/rep:excerpt(.)

Any thoughts please?

Thanks,
Sushil