jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Pankaj_Gupta <pankaj.gu...@ansys.com>
Subject Re: Datastore garbage collector removes in-use files
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 02:04:17 GMT

After a little more digging I found why the SimpleDbPersistenceManager wasn't
working for either the custom or built-in garbage collector.

It seems that when SimpleDbPersistenceManager is used then Jackrabbit stores
the file content in both the datastore and the blobs folder, even if
datastore has been specified in repository.xml and
org.jackrabbit.useDataStore is set to true. And when reading the content it
just reads it from the blobs folder. So the content written in DataStore is
redundant.

By keeping everything else the same and only changing the persistence
manager to BundleDbPersistenceManager the file storage works as expected.
The blobs folder doesn't get created and the file content is written only in
datastore.

This is getting really weird and is making me wonder whether I am doing
something fundamentally wrong here.