jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Peter Heß <peter.hess....@gbtec.de>
Subject Re: Struggling with search
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 18:36:16 GMT

I had the same problem days before:

1.) I've first checked the repository configuration:
<Repository>
	<Workspace name="${wsp.name}">

		<SearchIndex>
		</SeachIndex>
	</Workspace>

	<!--
		Search index for content that is shared repository wide
		(/jcr:system tree, contains mainly versions)
	-->
	<SearchIndex

	</SearchIndex>
</Repository>

You have to define SearchIndex "two times" One for the repository and one
for the workspace

2.) Then second problem:

I've have define custom nodes. It works great, with the >
//*[jcr:primaryType = 'prm:prmFile'] Query, but not with the other. Reason
was, that during the first start the registration was done, but the other
application does not know anything about the custom node registration
  1.) My own application
  2.) jcrBrowser (query had the same problem like yours) Does not know
anything about my custom nodes....

3.) And a bad usage of the mixing type leads to the same problem.

Three reasons - three times the same reaction.

Peter

> //*[jcr:primaryType = 'prm:prmFile']
>
> if works as expected
>
> when i do
>
> //element(*, prm:prmFile)
>
> nothing is returned?
>
> I am sure i am doing something really silly, help?

hmm, the query looks OK.

did you already try to re-index the workspace? (stop repository, delete
repository/workspaces/default/index, start repository again).

regards
  marcel