jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From nesvarbu <keptavi...@gmail.com>
Subject JCR use case
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:56:17 GMT

Hello,
I'm currently working on shopping cart software, so now i started to think
how i should store and load product images. So i found out about JCR
specification and started to think that it might be a good solution, but
still im not sure. Now all information about product is in RDBS. Maybe you
can clear me out how to use Jackrabbit in given context. Should i put whole
product information and don't use RDBS at all for it or it is better to have
all information in database and pictures in JCR datastore. Or maybe for such
simple use case using JCR is no big gain and it only increase complexity of
the system? Maybe simple Berkley database or even file system is way to go?
I'm also thinking that i could keep full product's description in separate
document in JCR datastore. What do think? I have no experience with JCR so
sorry if my question is stupid :)