jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RMI - Need help registering node types
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:22:22 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

You have to acquire your remote repository using the
JackrabbitClientAdapterFactory instead of the default
ClientAdapterFactory. Otherwise the Jackrabbit API is not available on
the client side.

In short you should do:
        LocalAdapterFactory aFactory = new
        ClientRepositoryFactory rFactory = new
        Repository repo = rFactory.getRepository(rmiURL);

Then you can cast the NodeTypeManager you get from the workspace to a
JackrabbitNodeTypeManager and can then register your node types.

Hope this helps.

Am Donnerstag, den 06.03.2008, 15:16 +0100 schrieb Sebastian Gomez:
> Hi.
> I'm having trouble registering node types using RMI. My problem is
> similar to this one:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@jackrabbit.apache.org/msg06431.html
> but I'm using Spring Modules. Everything goes OK until I try to
> register node types, where I try to get a JackrabbitNodeTypeManager
> but I receive a ClientNodeTypeManager, which makes a ClassCast
> exception to be thrown (without the JackrabbitNodeTypeManager I can't
> register node types).
> What have I got to configure so as to obtain a
> JackrabbitNodeTypeManager? Should I touch the server's beans o the
> client's beans? I think I've tried everything...
> I'd appreciate a lot your help.
> Best regards.
> Sebastian Gomez.

View raw message