jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Paco Avila <pav...@git.es>
Subject Re: Can I export / import version history?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:54:25 GMT

El mar, 11-03-2008 a las 13:07 +0200, Jukka Zitting escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Paco Avila <pavila@git.es> wrote:
> > I've posted this message a week ago and nobody tell anything about it.
> >
> >  What can I do if i need to change my node type configuration and want to
> >  preserve the node version history?
>
> The easiest way to achieve that at the moment is probably to update
> the namespace of the node types in question so you can keep both the
> old and the new types in the same repository and migrate the content
> incrementally without an export/import operation.

So, I will have an "old namespace" definition and a new one? This
implies a lot of changes in my source code.

> There's been a number of attempts to solve the export/import issue for
> the version store, but so far none of the solutions have really been
> merged to Jackrabbit. The best practice for backing up and restoring
> the entire repository is currently to use lower database and file
> system level backup tools, but of course such solutions don't really
> help with migration tasks where you want to modify the content instead
> of just restoring it.

I've benn trying to export / import "/jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage"
with no results. And I don't know why can't be done. This should be a
very practical enhancement.

> This is one of the areas where contributions would be very much welcome.

I've working on it iterating over a node version history in the old
repository and replicating it in the new one. This process also add /
replace the modified node properties. The problem is that I cannot
change the "jcr:created" property because is proptected.

So I disabled "definition.isProtected()" check in "protected void
checkSetValue(boolean multipleValues)" from
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.PropertyImpl.java but the changes don't seem
to be persisted.

Very weird behaviour :/

--
Paco Avila <pavila@git.es>