jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Paco Avila <pav...@git.es>
Subject Re: Can I export / import version history?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:46:44 GMT

El mar, 11-03-2008 a las 12:07 +0100, David Nuescheler escribió:
> hi paco,
>
> i think the version history is not affected if you make changes
> to your node types.

This is not always true. I'have added an "user comment" property to the
versioned node, so the applications expect to see this property in the
versioned nodes. The old repository do no have this property, so will
fail with the actual modification.

> generally the version store is implemented as a workspace so you can
> just copy the version store on to your new repository, but you need
> to make sure that the uuid's (and version property) of the nodes in
> your workspace(s) are preserved so they match the uuid's in the
> version store. i would probably use a system view export to make
> sure of that.
>
> does that work for you?

I've benn trying to export / import "/jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage"
with no results :(

--
Paco Avila <pavila@git.es>
GIT Consultors