jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Brosius" <dbros...@mebigfatguy.com>
Subject Path Constrained queries
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 05:49:11 GMT
I am interested in doing descendant based patch constrained queries.

I read section "6.6.3.4 Path Constraint", and infer that in order to specify
path constraints, you must know the full path to the node at which you are
constraining. These seems odd to me. Why doesn't jcr follow the pattern set
by xpath, that being the availability of relative and absolute xpaths
(queries).

Why doesn't the query object have a

query.setContextNode(node), which specifies from which node the query
begins?

How does one determing the absolute path of a node that you have retreived
by uuid? Do we really need to do a recursive getParent search to the root?
Or, do i really need to store the absolute path of each node in a node
property? This seems really painful. I see the property jcr:path, but this
is apparently only a pseudo property available only from within the query
itself.

So the question is how do people do a descendent path constraining query
when you want to start the search at any arbitrary node that is retrieved by
UUID?