jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jason Harrop <jhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The state of WebDAV Clients
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 02:48:38 GMT
Hi Roland

Thanks for your response.

Roland Weber wrote:
 > The Slide codebase currently resides in the Slide repository at
 > Jakarta. Every Jakarta committer has access to that repository.
 > The repository is still open.

My interest is in WebDAV enabling the filechooser in docx4all.

VFS has support for WebDAV.   See
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/vfs/trunk/sandbox/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/vfs/provider/webdav/

There is a file chooser:  http://vfsjfilechooser.sourceforge.net/
and also an SWT implementation:  http://commons-vfs-ui.sourceforge.net/

VFS's WebdavFileObject imports org.apache.webdav, which is the Slide
client library.

So I'm still interested in the Slide client library, and I would like it
to remain alive, even though it probably won't need to change much (if
at all) until migration to HttpClient 4.0.

Roland Weber wrote:
> The slide-dev list is still open.
> Bugzilla for Slide is still open. While it would certainly raise
> some eyebrows if anyone started working on the trunk of a
> retired project, I don't see why it should not be possible to
> create a sandbox for the WebDAV client in the Slide repository.
> As long as somebody's working there, we wouldn't lock the repository.
> Jackrabbit probably wouldn't mind to get the Slide discussions
> off their users list either ;-) Sooner or later, the activity
> ceases or the project is taken to the Incubator. Then it is time
> to lock the Slide repository.

> It would take a leader who is a Jakarta committer to create the
> sandbox, move the initial code, and apply patches if any are sent.

I am not a Jakarta committer.  Any idea how we might find a sympathetic
one?  Alternatively, what about the vfs sandbox?

kind regards

Jason