jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: FW: JSR170 & support for the 'explicit checkout' model
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 03:45:12 GMT
hi,
it only restores the child node, if it's OPV=COPY. otherwise it should
leave it as it is.
regards, toby

On 2/19/08, Dave Brosius <dbrosius@mebigfatguy.com> wrote:
> Ok, so maybe this is doing what i want
>
> Version v = node.getBaseVersion();
> node.restore(v, false);
>
> However, it also appears to roll back changes made to child nodes of node as well, which
i don't want to happen, as i'm storing audit information in a child node.

> If i grab the latest version of a child node, then restore the parent node, can i then
restore the orphaned version of the child node back into the child? Is that legal?

whether jsr170 supports the 'explicit checkout' model, as done with clearcase, sourcesafe,
etc, etc. As there is no 'undocheckout' method, i am lead to believe it really only supports
the svn/cvs 'implicit checkout' model. I did notice the
> Node.replace method, and thought perhaps that this could be used, altho i wasn't able
to get it to work the way i expected.

> Am i missing something obvious? How do you remove the checkout status of a Node without
checkin?

> thanks, dave

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97