jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Rohnny Moland" <rmol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using oracle persistence manager with jndi
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:42:00 GMT
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Thomas Mueller
>
> <thomas.tom.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  I am really sorry, I was wrong about Jackrabbit core 1.4.1. It is
>  >  committed in the trunk, but not in 1.4.1. For details, see:
>  >
>  >  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1309
>  >
>  >  So, unfortunately, you need to specify both user name and password in
>  >  the Jackrabbit configuration as well. Maybe you can convince Jukka to
>  >  include it in Jackrabbit 1.4.2 ;-)
>
>  The scope of the JCR-1309 change is much bigger than this issue with
>  Oracle persistence.
>
>  If there's a real need to have "no usename or password" configuration
>  for Oracle in jackrabbit-core 1.4.2, then I'd be OK adding a specific
>  patch for that instead of a wide refactoring like JCR-1309.

That would be nice. The problem is that there is no way getting jndi +
oracle to work in 1.4. The JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager also fails
with oracle because of some sql change between 1.3 and 1.4 (I have not
tracked this down yet). And the combination of using DB + jndi +
jackrabbit in an app server is probably the most common.

Thanks,
Rohnny