jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Rohnny Moland" <rmol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using oracle persistence manager with jndi
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:14:46 GMT
Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Thomas Mueller
<thomas.tom.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:

>  > jackrabbit 1.4/1.4.1
>
>  Jackrabbit core should be 1.4.1
>
>  Did you set the user name and password where you have defined
>  java:comp/env/jdbc/myds? How and where did you configure it?

Yes, we use jackrabbit core 1.4.1. I have a datasource (standard
xxx-ds.xml) in jboss configured to use oracle and I set the  username
and password there. The jndi this is defined as "jdbc/myds" but I
think I have tried using both java:comp/env/jdbc/myds and
java:jdbc/myds. Should the user/password be null or "" in
repository.xml ?

I also tried to define it as a resource in tomcat, but it says that
the data source factory is not supported(BasicDataSourceFactory,
commons-dbcp). Can I use another data source factory in tomcat to make
it work? Standalone tomcat is better to develop against.

Thanks,
Rohnny