jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Q. Xpath performance again
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 18:46:57 GMT

Hello,

I do not think the query is that slow, rather the iteration of the nodes
(hasNext() for example). Try in your repository.xml (workspace.xml if
already existing repository) to configure :

<param name="respectDocumentOrder" value="false"/>

or add an 'order by' clause in your query. This way not all 2000 results
have to be loaded. see [1] for quite extended explanation on some
queries.

Do realize that the first query will be somewhat slower because nothing
in cache, but still will complete pretty fast. Consecutive queries are
fast because the hierarchical cache will be built up

-Ard

http://www.nabble.com/Explanation-and-solutions-of-some-Jackrabbit-queri
es-regarding-performance-td15028655.html