jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Doubt in Index Configuration
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:32:35 GMT

Hello,

> I am using Index Configuration in Jackrabbit 1.4.  Is there
> any way I can have NO property be indexed?

I suppose you mean NO property to be indexed in the nodescope index, ie,
with jcr:contains(., 'foo') and properties containing 'foo' you won't
want a hit. I am not sure what usecase you might ever want it for, but
it is possible.

OTOH, if you want nothing of a property in the index (for example, you
cannot use //*[@someprop]), this is not possible, and really doesn't
make any sense at all.

See [1] for a way to not nodescope index any property:

if you add to your search configuration:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE configuration SYSTEM
"http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/indexing-configuration-1.0.dtd">
<configuration xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0">
  <index-rule nodeType="nt:unstructured">
    <property nodeScopeIndex="false">Text</property>
  </index-rule>
  <index-rule nodeType="nt:base">
    <property nodeScopeIndex="false">Text</property>
  </index-rule>
</configuration>

(all nodetypes are either also nt:unstructured or nt:base I think) then
nothing ends up in nodescope index.

-Ard

[1]
http://www.nabble.com/Regarding-IndexingConfiguration-td14454838.html