jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Performance as compared to simple sql db query is quite bad
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:17:51 GMT

> Per the suggestion I tried '//*' and it did dramatically
> well. For 8000 items, first run took ~4000ms and second run
> ~80ms (probably everything is in cache).

You still forgot to either set in your workspace.xml
respectDocumentOrder to false, *or* to add an order by clause in your
query. From jr 1.5, default respect document order will be false. I am
convinced your 4000ms will drop pretty steep. Also, iterating over the
8000 nodes will probably be slower then iterating over a resultset from
a database, logically.

Ard