jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: node UUID on 'move'
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:27:27 GMT
hi connor

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Connor Brett <ConnorB@axxia.com> wrote:
> With my paranoid hat on, can anyone confirm that nodes keep their UUID
>  unchanged when they are moved? I think this is a reasonable expectation
>  but in my reading of the 170 spec it doesn't explicitly say (the
>  'copy()' methods do mention a new UUID), and if it's not in the spec
>  then I could potentially be burned down the road.

your expectations are correct. 'move' is guaranteed to preserve the uuid of
mix:referenceable nodes.

cheers
stefan

>  E-MAIL DISCLAIMER
>  The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential. It is intended only
for the named recipient(s). If you are not a named recipient please notify the sender immediately
and do not disclose the contents to another person or take copies. Although Axxia Systems
has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been
checked for viruses,it is strongly recommended that you carry out your own virus check before
opening any attachment, as we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result
of software virus infection. Axxia Systems reserves the right to monitor and record e-mails
sent to axxia.com, and senders of such messages shall be taken to consent to this.
>  Registered Office: Axxia Systems Limited, Axxia House, Unit 4, The Pavilions, Ruscombe
Business Park, Twyford, Berkshire. Registered in England - Company No. 3019229