jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference between older Jackrabbits and 1.4/1.4.1?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:43:35 GMT
hi dave

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 1:40 AM, Dave Brosius <dbrosius@mebigfatguy.com> wrote:
> Ah, i think i figured something out. The PersistenceManager under Workspace
>  and Versioning should have different URLs in Derby.
>
>  So it is working in derby when that happens. But oracle still fails.
>
>  How about in oracle, sqlserver? Can you use the same url for both
>  PersistenceManagers when using oracle? What would the different ones be?

you don't need separate url's for those, but since every
DatabasePersistenceManager
creates and works with its own schema objects (i.e. tables etc) you
have to specify
distinct schemaObjectPrefix values for each in the repository.xml. in
the default config
we're e.g. using

          <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>

for the workspace persistence manager and

          <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="version_"/>

BTW: note that the workspace configuration element in the repository.xml
is just used as a template for creating new workspaces. make sure you
adapt the created workspace.xml as well.

hope this helps!

cheers
stefan