jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Manolo Gomez Lopez" <performa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Registering custom node types in jackrabbit
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:26:11 GMT
Hi,

   Sorry, I'll reply myself.

   Finally we were able to access the NodeTypeManager through the RMI interface.

   What we did was to modify
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.jmx.JCRServer  and use
JackrabbitServerAdapterFactory as the factory that implements the
RemoteAdapterFactory that binds to the RMI registry, this:

   RemoteAdapterFactory factory = new JackrabbitServerAdapterFactory();

   instead of:

    RemoteAdapterFactory factory = new ServerAdapterFactory();

   Once compiled in jackrabbit-jcr-rmi.jar we are able to expose the
proper methods to our clients.

   Is this approach correct?, I mean, If accessing jackrabbit-specific
features is a must in some deployments, wouldn't it be easier for
deployers to offer this as a configurable parameter at deployment
time?

Best regards,