jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Manolo Gomez Lopez" <performa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploying custom node types in jackrabbit
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:26:41 GMT
Hi Stefan

2008/2/18, Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com>:

> > there was a related feature request:
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-771
>
> > cheers
> > stefan

I must admit I dind't see that one before asking, sorry.

I agree that maybe using the current internal serialization of custom node
types (in repository/nodetypes)  is not the best solution for helping in the
deployment of custom node types (but certain not as hard as modifying an
Oracle tablespace ;)).

But I also see that forcing an API method invocation as the *only* way of
registering node types maybe is not the best solution for all deployment
scenarios.

I am thinking in large deployments of pre-configured jackrabbit registries
with lots of custom node types..., providing a way to give jackrabbit
representations of the custom node types in CND format in some way at start
time (other than via API) will certainly ease the deployment of those
repositories.

I am sure that already having an independent representation of custom node
types and namespaces in CND (or its counterpart in XML) are solid
foundations for the implementation os this feature.

Don't you think this feature is worth a try and will be a good improvement
for jackrabbit?

Greets,